Toddler burned at Kimmswick home

news update generic 1 Toddler burned at Kimmswick home

KIMMSWICK, MO (KMOX)-A 16 month old child is said to be in very serious condition after falling into a bathtub filled with scalding hot water.

Rock Community Fire Protection District Spokesman Ron Harder tells KMOX it happened at a home on Broadway in Kimmswick.

Harder says the water heater had malfunctioned, “They were repairing the water heater and draining into the bathtub apparently the bathtub had a lot of scalding water from where they were taking it from the water heater….they had no idea the child was around that scalding water.”

Harder says when the parents weren’t looking for a few seconds,  the child accidentally fell into the water, suffering second and third degree burns to the face, arms and torso.

The child was flown to a St. Louis hospital for treatment.

Copyright KMOX Radio

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS St. Louis

KMOX Podcasts
As Heard On KMOX

Listen Live