John Carney – Wednesday, January 19th

On his final broadcast at KMOX John plays some of his favorite interviews and welcomes comedian Greg Warren.

Hour one:
John plays some of his favorite interviews and a particular prank phone call on the news department.

Hour two:
Comedian Greg Warren pops in the studio to chat with John about his upcoming weekend at the Funnybone.

Hour three:
Longtime listeners call in to say goodbye and Jon Grayson joins for some J & J nostalgia.

Comments

1. NORMA says:

KMOX WILL NOT BE THE SAME, LONG TIME LISTENER TO JOHN JIM WHITE AND JACKL CARNEY, SHAME, SHAME

2. Marsha Weston says:

John – We will all miss you – you have touched our lives in so many ways. Take care and God bless

3. Anita says:

started this then my finger hit the wrong button. I am so upset over losing you as my night time listening. Baseball sub. ok but not hockey. I planned my bed time listening to when you would be on and also have bought atable top book for my sons Christmas on your recommendation every year. Will miss the updates on your children and also the restruant ideas. This is just not a good idea by KMOX, I don’t like to surf for good radio or get up at 5 to hear you
    God bless and hope it is your best move even if not mine. KMOX ihas lost it.

4. Frankie says:

For 12 years, I went to bed with John, now I can wake up with John! (Get your mind out of the gutter please!). You will be sorely missed on KMOX. If I had the reigns of KMOX, I would cut back evening sports, not expand it. Oh well! See ya on the FM John.

5. janet hickey says:

kmox has lost their mind, cut back on some of the sports talk not one of st louis favorite radio talk show hosts!!!!!!!

6. John J.McMahon says:

This move was about a smart as replaceing Don Wolff with some schmuck who traveled down Rt 66 . He must have been a towel boy at Coral Courts.

7. Larry Zeigler says:

If KMOX had a brain they would give Mark – the afternoon host – the boot and give you that time slot. He is just a continuation of Russ “Slimebaugh” and who needs that??????? I turn to another radio station when he comes on — won’t listen to either “Slimebauh” or Mark. I always feel like the station needs to keep playing the Lord’s Prayer in the morning after Slimebaugh’s comments — somewhat like asking forgiveness for subjecting listeners to him!!! I’ll miss you

8. NORMA says:

GET RID OF LIMBAUGH AND JON AT MIDNIGHT WHAT A WASTE OF TIME, WISHMR. HYLAND WAS STILL ALVIE AND WAS IN CONTROL. BRING JOHN CARNEY BACK TO KMOS AM

9. carol says:

carney should be in the 9:00 slot like his dad…get rid of opinated brennan
    there is nothing worth listening anymore on this station

10. Randy Shanks says:

John Carney pulled in a wide range of local listeners for some of the best interviews ever done on the radio! We tuned in to many shows, and we’ll be following him to whereever he goes! He’s interviewed hundreds of megastars and yet still made time to feature new local artists. Mixing it up with the big and not-yet-so-big entertainers was a great gift and made a genuine connection for listeners–Randy of the Descending New Angels. He’ll always be an ICON!

11. Judy says:

KMOX has lost another longtime evening listener at the tme of night all the targrt audience “jocks” are in front of their TV sets. It is really sad to see the “at your service” programming slipping into an ESPN wannabe attitude. It is a loss of unique and creative programming and talent, and the St Louis listening audience is the loser–and perhaps KMOX , as well.

12. Tony says:

KMOX please do not replace quality people like Jon with sports. There are very few rich, warm and entertaining personalities like Jon Carney on the air these days. I can find sports anywhere at anytime. I can;t find quality broadcasters like Carney. God Bless…

13. Rita says:

OMG!! Can’t believe you took John off!!! I’m a long time listener & will no longer listen!! I don’t want to hear sports!! YUK! So sorry to see John leave!! KMOX what are you thinking!! UGH!

14. Cheri says:

What is with all the sports programming from 9-12pm!
    Bring back John Carney or Phil Harris.
    How does large amounts of sports programming appeal to the general audience?
    There a several sports stations for that.