Man Killed in Swansea Mobile Home Fire

SWANSEA, Ill. (AP) –  A mobile-home fire that investigators say may have started when a stove was left burning killed a 30-year-old man Monday.

Swansea Fire Chief John McGuire says firefighters pulled Terrell Gavin out of the burning home, but he later died at an area hospital.

Officials say Gavin was an acquaintance of a woman who lived at the home.

She and her 8-year-old daughter escaped unharmed.

The mobile home was destroyed.

McGuire says his department and the state fire investigators determined the fire began in the kitchen.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS St. Louis

Live Inspired
Photography In A Flash

Listen Live