Sisters Overcome By CO Fumes; Remain Hospitalized

BELLEVILLE, Ill. (AP/KMOX) –  Two girls remain in critical condition at a St. Louis hospital after they were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes at a home in Belleville Monday.

The girls are sisters, ages 10 and 17, are from Springfield Illinois and had been visiting relatives in the 200 block of Country Meadows Lane.

Police say it appears that one of the girls left a car running in the closed garage as she attempted to recharge her cellphone.

Copyright Associated Press/KMOX

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS St. Louis

KMOX Podcasts
As Heard On KMOX

Listen Live