Girl Overcome by Fumes Released from Hospital

BELLEVILLE, Ill. (AP) — One of two young Champaign girls poisoned by carbon monoxide during a spring-break visit with relatives in southwestern Illinois is out of the hospital.

The Belleville News-Democrat reports that 10-year-old Jaysha Dunn was released last weekend, five days after being overcome by fumes from a running car in a closed garage at the Belleville home.

Seventeen-year-old Alicia Moore remains at the hospital in good condition.

St. Clair County authorities say the girls were found after another teen returned from school and discovered Dunn unresponsive on a couch. A neighbor summoned for help found Moore unresponsive in a car.

A sheriff’s investigator says Moore might have been charging her cell phone in the running car when she passed out.

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS St. Louis

Live Inspired
KMOX Podcasts

Listen Live