Missouri Deer Hunting Season Dates Released
JEFFERSON CITY Mo – Hunters will find seasons and regulations for Missouri’s 2011-2012 deer-hunting season similar to last year’s. Exceptions include the timing of the Early Youth Portion of Firearms Deer Season and new counties where unlimited antlerless permits are available.
The archery deer season will run from Sept. 15 through Nov. 11 and Nov. 23 through Jan. 15, 2012, statewide. The bag limit is two deer of either sex, except that only one antlered deer may be taken before the November portion of the firearms season. Additional deer may be taken on Archery Antlerless Deer permits in select counties.
Firearms deer seasons are:
- Urban Zones Portion: Oct. 7 through 10 in select zones; limit one antlerless deer per any-deer or antlerless-deer permit.
- Youth Portion – Early: Nov. 5 through 6 statewide; limit one deer of either sex on an any-deer permit or, in select counties, one antlerless deer on a firearms antlerless deer permit.
- Youth Portion – Late: Jan. 7 through 8, 2012, statewide; limit one deer of either sex on an any-deer permit. Additional antlerless deer may be taken in select counties on firearms antlerless deer permits.
- November Portion: Nov. 12 through 22 statewide; limit one deer of either sex on an any-deer permit. Additional antlerless deer may be taken in select counties on firearms antlerless deer permits.
- Antlerless Portion: Nov. 23 through Dec. 4 in select counties; limit one antlerless deer per any-deer or antlerless-deer permit.
- Muzzleloader Portion: Dec. 17 through 27 statewide, limit one deer of either sex on an any-deer permit. Additional antlerless deer may be taken in select counties on firearms antlerless deer permits.
Deer-hunting regulation changes in effect this year include the following:
- Boundaries of the Kansas City and Columbia/Jefferson City urban zones have been adjusted to better define where increased opportunities for antlerless harvest are desirable and to give hunters and landowners the ability to effectively manage local deer populations. The portion of Platte County north of Highway 92 has been removed from the Kansas City Urban Deer Zone this year. The Columbia/Jefferson City Urban Deer Zone has been slightly reduced in size on the south side.
- The Early Youth Portion of Firearms Deer Season will take place one week later this year to reduce conflicts with the Halloween holiday. Public comments played a direct role in this adjustment.
- Holders of concealed carry weapon permits and qualified active or retired law enforcement officers may carry those weapons while archery hunting.
- The Antler Point Restriction (APR) will now apply to the northern portion of Platte County not included in the Kansas City urban zone. This adjustment is supported by landowners and sportsmen. This change is also consistent with the application of APR in other urban zones.
- Unlimited Archery Antlerless Permits are now available in Bollinger, Madison and Wayne counties. New regulations are in effect on some MDC areas. Regulations for all conservation areas that allow deer hunting are in the 2011 Fall Deer & Turkey Hunting Regulations and Information booklet, available from permit vendors.