LADUE Mo. (KMOX) — All lanes of Clayton Road are open after being closed earlier due to a possible hazardous situation inside a Ladue jewelry store.
Ladue officials says it happened around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday when an employee from Albarre Jewelry spilled a container full of cyanide, used to clean jewelry. Hazmat crews were called when the cyanide mixed with water creating Hydrogen cyanide. A common chemical that has lots of industrial uses but is very dangerous for humans.
Seven to 10 nearby stores were evacuate. No one was injured.
Westbound lanes of Clayton Road had been shut down near and Conway.
Stay with KMOX1120 or KMOX.com for more on this developing story.
Copyright KMOX Radio