ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Expanding on past success, this year’s Taste of St. Louis event will increase its presence downtown this weekend.
Another block has been added, meaning food booths and other display will be bordered by Tucker Blvd. and 15th Street to the east and west, and Pine St. and Market to the north and south.
Starting hours each day are 6:00 pm Friday, 11:00 am Saturday, and 11:30 am Sunday.
Admission is free.
Activities at this year’s Taste of St. Louis include:
- 45 Restaurants on Sauce Magazine’s Restaurant Row
- The Master Chef Competition, celebrity appearances and the Taste of St. Louis Pizza Games on the Lumière Place and River City Casino Culinary Stage
- National and local music on the Peabody Opera House Main Stage
- Juried artist booths and wine sampling at the The Art & Wine Walk
- Local and national businesses at The Charter Marketplace
- A variety of activities in The Kids Kitchen.
- And much more.
And spokesman Mike Kociela says another big change for the better will be the launch of a system they’re calling EGS, Event Greening Systems.
He says this year they’ll be completely eliminating all bottles for food and beverage service.
“All the beverages will be poured into corn-based cups,” Kociela tells KMOX News. “The public will be able to walk around with a cup that actually decomposes and/or composts in about two-to-three weeks.”
A test run of the system last year allowed Fair St. Louis to reduce the amount of waste sent to landfills by over 50%, Kociela claims.
For a full schedule or more information about the Taste of St. Louis, log onto www.TasteSTL.com.
Copyright KMOX Radio