BELLEVILLE, Ill. (KMOX) - Investigators say an 8-year-old boy stumbled across a mobile meth lab in the woods behind his home in East Carondelet Illinois.
The boy had gone to try and find the source of a “loud boom” that he’d heard moments before when he stumbled across a mobile meth lab inside a duffel bag.
The boy’s May 23rd discovery has now led to charges against five people:
* Justin A. Cruse, 28, of Dupo Ill.
* Alexis R. McGeehan, 19, of Affton Mo.
* David W. Wilkerson, 21, of Dupo Ill.
* Terry A. Grissom, 47, of Dupo, Ill.
* Charles V. Grissom, 25, of Columbia, Ill.
Cruse was already on parole for manufacturing methamphetamine and a search of his home led to the recovery of several items commonly use in making meth.