Fire Started by Fireworks Display

O’FALLON, MO. (KMOX) – A grass fire during the O’Fallon Missouri fireworks display had some people worried.

“It happened three minutes into the display” one witness told KMOX News.  “Flames were just leaping into the air” he said.

But according to O’Fallon fire spokesman Scott Avery, this is a common occurrence in the launch area near T.R. Hughes Ballpark.   He says it’s cleared of as much vegetation as possible before the show and there was no rush to put out the flames.

“Once the fireworks were done our people went in and put the fire out in a matter of minutes.” said Avery.

Comments

More From CBS St. Louis

Listen Now
Holiday Guide
Introducing Your New Podcast Network

Listen Live