Two Children Electrocuted at Lake of the Ozarks
Get Breaking News First
OSAGE BEACH, Mo. (AP) - Two Missouri children have died after coming into contact with electricity while swimming at the Lake of the Ozarks on the Fourth of July.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol identified them as 13-year-old Alexandra Anderson and her 8-year-old brother Brayden, of Ashland.
The Patrol says the children were swimming near the 6.5 mile marker in the Gravois Arm of the lake when they were electrocuted by an “unknown source of electricity” just after noon Wednesday.
KOLR-TV reports several adults at the scene removed the children from the water and performed CPR until medical crews arrived.
The children were taken to an area hospital, where doctors pronounced them dead.
© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.