Beltran 5th, Furcal 9th in NL Batting Order
KANSAS CITY (KMOX) - National League manager Tony LaRussa has a Cardinal batting fifth and one batting ninth among the starters for his National League All-Stars in Tuesday night’s Midsummer Classic at Kauffman Stadium.
After advancing to the second reound of Monday night’s Home Run Derby and finishing with 12 round-trippers for the contest, Carlos Beltran will start in right field and bat in the #5 slot.
Shortstop Rafael Furcal will hit last for the NL starters.
Here are the complete batting orders:
1) Carlos Gonzalez, DH Colorado
2) Melky Cabrera, CF San Francisco
3) Ryan Braun, LF Milwaukee
4) Joey Votto, 1B Cincinnati
5) Carlos Beltran, RF St. Louis
6) Buster Posey, C San Francisco
7) Pablo Sandoval, 3B San Francisco
8) Dan Uggla, 2B Atlanta
9) Rafael Furcal, SS St. Louis
1) Derek Jeter, SS New York
2) Robinson Cano, 2B New York
3) Josh Hamilton, LF Texas
4) Jose Bautista, RF Toronto
5) Prince Fielder, 1B Detroit
6) Adrian Beltre, 3B Texas
7) David Ortiz, DH Boston
8) Mike Napoli, C Texas
9) Curtis Granderson, CF New York
The starting pitchers will be Justin Verlander of Detroit for the AL and Matt Cain of San Francisco for the NL.