ST. LOUIS, (KMOX) – Cardinal fans heading from the city to westbound I-64 this week should remember that several ramps to westbound I-64 will remain closed until early September.
The ramps from Broadway, 10th Street and 14th Street will be closed around the clock. Downtown commuters, to include Cardinal fans, will need to use Pine Street, Jefferson Avenue or Market/Compton to get back onto westbound I-64. Illinois fans coming to the game will be able to use the 9th Street ramp to get into the city from westbound I-64.
Additionally, on I-70 in St. Louis County, one westbound and two eastbound lanes will be closed from 7 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. In addition, the ramp from southbound Earth City Expressway to eastbound I-70 and the ramp from eastbound I-70 to northbound Earth City Expressway will be closed at the same time.
For additional work zone information, go to modot.org. For real-time traffic, visit gatewayguide.com. All work is weather permitting and may be shifted due to inclement weather.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
· I-64, St. Louis City, the Broadway ramp to westbound I-64 will be closed until October.
· I-64, St. Louis City, the 10th Street and 14th Street ramps to westbound I-64 will be closed until early September.
· I-64, St. Louis City, the ramp from westbound I-64 to 21st/Market Street will be closed weekday’s from 10 a.m. until 3 a.m. the following morning.
· I-64, St. Louis City, one westbound I-64 lane will be closed from Broadway to 21st Street around the clock until October.
· I-70, St. Louis City, one right lane on eastbound I-70 closed from St. Louis Avenue to Broadway until summer 2012.
· I-70, St. Louis City, entrance ramp from 11th Street to eastbound I-70 closed until summer 2012.
· Wellington, St. Louis City, the Wellington bridge closed over the River Des Peres until late 2012.
· I-44, St. Louis County, one lane closed in each direction from Lewis Road to Antire Road until mid-September 2012. Two lanes in each direction are open in this section around the clock. A third westbound lane opens from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays during the evening rush period.
· I-44, St. Louis County, the ramp from Elm to westbound I-44 is closed until mid-September.
· I-270, St. Louis County, all northbound and southbound lanes closed from I-44 to Manchester Road for up to 15 minutes at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on weekdays until late August 2012.
· Route 141, St. Louis County, one lane closed in both directions from Olive Boulevard to Parkway and two lanes closed in both directions from north of Parkway School until St. Lukes Hospital until mid-August
· Baxter Road, St. Louis County, Baxter Road is closed between Route HH and Clarkson, through the summer.
· I-55, Jefferson County, until November, the ramp from northbound I-55 to Route M is closed.
· I-55, Jefferson County, until mid-September, Route M under I-55 will be closed, as will the ramp from Route M to northbound I-55.