ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOX) – Rep. Todd Akin announced he will not step aside after ‘legitimate rape’ comment.
This morning on two different conservative radio shows, Senate candidate Todd Akin said he will not bow to pressure from his party, he WILL be staying in the race.
He says he made “a one-word mistake”, and “no one is perfect”.
Akin will continue to try to unseat Democratic incumbent Claire McCaskill in November.
Akin had until 5 p.m. today to get out without a court order.
- Five Missouri Politicians Tell Akin to Step Aside
- Akin Apologizes in New TV Ad, Poll Shows Him Still Leading
- Akin Tries To Explain “Legitimate Rape” Comment, Backs Out Of KMOX Appearance
- Akin Admits He Was Wrong on Mike Huckabee Radio Show
- Akin Can Still Withdraw from Race
- Governor Nixon Criticizes Akin’s Comments
- AP Source: Funding Drying Up for Todd Akin