Akin Seeks Reassurance from Voters — Five Bucks at a Time
ST. LOUIS–(KMOX)–Todd Akin is fighting back, and asking his supporters to join the battle — for five bucks each.
The Republican candidate for U.S. Senate is swimming against a riptide of pleas from Republican Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney and five current and former Missouri Republican Senators to quit of the race.
Akin’s campaign sent out an email to supporters emblazoned with the headline: “Help Todd fight back against the liberal elite.” The headline was later changed to “Help Todd fight back against party bosses.”
Across a red map of Missouri the slogan reads. “Let the People decide and not party bosses.”
Beleaguered from all sides after his comments over the weekend about “legitimate rape,” Akin is asking grassroots supporters to kick in five dollars to show they’re still standing by him.
A progress report off to the side claims Akin is steadily raising money from the plea. (Click here to see his fundraising plea)
Meanwhile, a source close to the Ann Wagner for Congress campaign is denying a report that Republican party officials have approached Wagner about the possiblity of swapping races with Akin. Wagner is concentrating on her run for the 2nd Congressional district and no such offer has been made nor considered, the source says. Related Articles:
- Akin: Admits He Was “Completely Wrong” On Rape, Pregnancy
- Five Missouri Politicians Tell Akin to Step Aside
- Akin Apologizes in New TV Ad, Poll Shows Him Still Leading
- Akin Tries To Explain “Legitimate Rape” Comment, Backs Out Of KMOX Appearance
- Akin Admits He Was Wrong on Mike Huckabee Radio Show
- Akin Can Still Withdraw from Race
- Governor Nixon Criticizes Akin’s Comments
- AP Source: Funding Drying Up for Todd Akin