Couple Charged After Infant Died of Oxycodone Overdose
Get Breaking News First
TROY, Mo. (AP) — An eastern Missouri man and woman are facing criminal charges after an infant under their care died of a drug overdose.
KMOV-TV report that 27-year-old David Brewer and his girlfriend, 38-year-old Heather Maune, are both charged with involuntary manslaughter. Brewer was the child’s uncle.
A probable cause statement says the infant was found dead on Aug. 4 in Troy, where the couple was babysitting. Maune told police she awakened to find the child unresponsive.
An initial autopsy failed to determine a cause of death, but toxicology reports received by police on Tuesday showed the infant died of oxycodone intoxication. It wasn’t clear if the infant ingested the drug on her own or if it was fed to her.
The child’s name was not released.
© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.