KMOX 1120AM

Local

Careless Smoking Blamed In Apartment Fire

View Comments
News

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

ST. CHARLES (AP) - Careless smoking is being blamed for a fire that damaged two apartments in St. Charles.

The fire broke out about 1:30 a.m. Sunday. In addition to the fire damage, a third apartment had water damage. Sprinklers activated and kept the fire under control until firefighters arrived but everyone in the building had to be evacuated.

No one was hurt.

(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,911 other followers