ST. CHARLES (AP) - Careless smoking is being blamed for a fire that damaged two apartments in St. Charles.
The fire broke out about 1:30 a.m. Sunday. In addition to the fire damage, a third apartment had water damage. Sprinklers activated and kept the fire under control until firefighters arrived but everyone in the building had to be evacuated.
No one was hurt.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)