KMOX 1120AM

Local

Fumes Prompt Evacuation at St. Peters Dialysis Center

View Comments
davita
News

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

ST. PETERS, Mo. (AP) – An area dialysis center is back open after fumes from a water-vinegar mixture sent one worker to the hospital and prompted a brief evacuation.

The incident happened Monday at St. Peters Dialysis Center in St. Charles County.

A spokeswoman for DaVita, the company that runs the center, says a technician suffered a bad reaction while mixing a solution of water and a high concentration of vinegar. Mollie O’Brien says a co-worker became worried about the technician’s breathing and called 911.

Firefighters noticed the fumes and ordered all patients and staff outside. They were let back in later Monday.

O’Brien said the company was trying to learn the employee’s condition late Monday afternoon.

© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,946 other followers