CLAYTON, MO (KMOX) – Earlier this year, KMOX News told you about an investigation into the St. Louis County Children’s Services Fund for wasting taxpayer dollars. Now it appears the fund is receiving even more money.
At Tuesday night’s St. Louis County Council meeting, a $7 million bump in funding for the fund was approved and County Executive Charlie Dooley says he can’t remember what the money is going to.
“At one time I knew exactly what each item was but I can’t think of it off the top of my head,” he said.
The Children’s Services Fund receives $40 million each year in tax dollars.
Kate Tansey, the former director of the fund, stepped down in October amid allegations of an FBI investigation into her lavish spending practices. This request for more money was made by the interim director, Julie Leicht.
“I talked to the council members, they’re aware of it. There was some allocations that [Leicht] thought was necessary, I thought was necessary,” Dooley said.