MANCHESTER, Ill. (KMOX) – A hospital says the lone survivor of a shooting spree that left a family of five dead in a small central Illinois town is improving.
A spokesperson for St. John’s Hospital in Springfield says the 6-year-old girl brought there Wednesday has been upgraded from serious to fair condition.
The girl has not been identified.
The Scott County Coroner’s office has identified the five victims. They are:
- James Roy Ralston, 29, father of 2 deceased children;
- Brittney Luark, 23, mother of 2 deceased children. Police have also confirmed that Brittney was pregnant.
- Jo Ann Sinclair, 67, grandmother to Brittney
- Nolan J. Ralston, 5, son of James and Brittney;
- Brantley Ralston, 1, son of James Ralston and Brittney Luark.
The bodies of the victims were found early Wednesday inside a home in the small community of Manchester. The suspected shooter Rick Odell Smith, 43, was killed in a shootout with police later that morning. READ MORE
The last homicide reported in Scott County was in 1993. This is the first multiple homicide known to Scott County.