Carbon Monoxide Sickens Nine in Florissant

Greg Branson

FLORISSANT, Mo. (KMOX) – Nine members of a Florissant family are recovering after their rescue Sunday morning by police and firefighters.

Florissant police officer Andy Haarmaan tells KMOX a woman in the 3500 block of Stonehaven Drive called 911 shortly before eight, after waking up woozy and finding her relatives unconscious, “When firefighters arrived, they found very high levels of carbon monoxide coming from a furnace. Police and firefighters got everybody out of the house. Once they got them out, all eight people who were unconscious started to respond.”

Haarmaan says the family members were taken to local hospitals for observation. Their ages range from less than one to 44-years-old.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS St. Louis

Live Inspired
Photography In A Flash

Listen Live