Several Traffic Changes Planned at I-70 at Mid Rivers Mall Drive
ST. CHARLES COUNTY, Mo. (KMOX) - As the opening of the new diverging diamond interchange nears in early November, the Missouri Department of Transportation and its contractor, Millstone Bangert, will open several ramps at I-70 and Mid Rivers Mall Drive over the next week.
In addition, one ramp will close, and I-70 drivers will need a slight detour to get to Mid Rivers Mall and to Mid Rivers Mall Drive.
All work is weather permitting.new ramps and close one ramp at Interstate 70 and Mid Rivers Mall Drive October 10 and 15, weather permitting.
Motorists should be aware of the following changes:
- Thursday, October 10, the ramp from the north outer road to westbound I-70 opens westbound entrance ramp at the north outer road opens. This ramp will be opened to southbound traffic only.
- Tuesday, October 15, the entrance ramp from the south outer road (Veterans Memorial Parkway) to eastbound I-70, just east of Mid Rivers Mall Drive, opens.
- Tuesday October 15, the current eastbound I-70 exit ramp to Mid Rivers Mall Drive CLOSES. The CLOSED ramp is scheduled to reopen on Tuesday, October 29.
- Tuesday, October 15, the new exit ramp from eastbound I-70 to the south outer road (Veterans Memorial Parkway) opens. As crews are working at Mid Rivers Mall Drive, and this ramp will be detoured to Suem Mandy to access Mid Rivers Mall and Mid Rivers Mall Drive. Traffic may also use the south outer road or other routes to access Mid Rivers Mall Drive. Using the south outer road or Sue Mandy or other routes, traffic will still be able to access Mid Rivers Mall Drive.
- Tuesday October 15, the eastbound I-70 exit ramp to Mid Rivers Mall Drive CLOSES. Exiting traffic can use the new eastbound I-70 ramp to the south outer road (Veterans Memorial Parkway). The CLOSED ramp is scheduled to reopen on Tuesday October 29.
This work is part of a project constructing a diverging diamond interchange (DDI). The project also includes the construction of an additional westbound I-70 lane between Mid Rivers Mall Drive and Route 79.
For more information visit HERE