St. Louis Man Charged for Tweeting World Series Bomb Threat
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – You’d think it’s common sense not to tweet jokes about the Boston Bombing, during the World Series.
But apparently not.
St. Louis police arrested a 31-year-old social media manager Friday for making terrorist threats as the Red Sox prepared to play the Cardinals at Busch Stadium. He allegedly send one tweet referencing pressure cookers, then another which said, “The #WorldSeries will be another finish line not crossed by #Boston.”
A probable cause statement released Tuesday said Robert Metzinger’s former employer alerted police last week to several threatening Twitter posts from an account that has since been disabled.
St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson said when investigators learned of the threats, “we took immediate action to take the suspect into custody.”
It’s unclear if Metzinger planned to act on the threats.
Metzinger was release on bond and is scheduled to return to court in late November.
Dotson said at no time were fans and visitors at risk of harm.
(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2012 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)