Amended Lawsuit Filed Against Archbishop Robert Carlson
ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOX) – A Lincoln County family that sued St. Louis Archbishop Robert Carlson for allegedly failing to report child sexual abuse allegations against a priest he lived with has filed a new lawsuit.
The amended suit lays out more allegations against Carlson, claiming he knew that Father Joseph Jiang was saying Mass and hearing confessions in the alleged victim’s home.
“I think its a little bit of a troubling sign that this priest injected himself so deeply into this family and did so with the clear permission of his supervisors,” David Clohessy with Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP) told KMOX.
With this week’s filing of an amended lawsuit, the Lincoln County court dismissed as “moot” a request by the Archdiocese to have the original case thrown out. The church now has twenty days to refile its motion to have the lawsuit dismissed.
- New Catholic School Building in St. Louis
- Defrocked St. Louis Priest Sent to Prison for Molestation Being Released
- SNAP Calls on Archbishop Robert Carlson to Release Names of “Credibly Accused” Priests, Archdiocese Staffers
- Charlie Brennan – Thursday, June 12th- Thoughts on Archbishop Robert Carlson Deposition; 10 Years of Charlie’s Book Club
- Archbishop’s Attorney Says Release of Audio Clips from Deposition was Selective