Child Dies in North St. Louis House Fire
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOX) - Family members and neighbors are mourning the lost of a 14-month-old child who died in a early morning house fire.
St. Louis Fire Capt. Dan Sutter told KMOX when crews got to the 3-story brick home at North 25th and Glasgow around 2:15 a.m. Wednesday it was already fully engulfed in flames.
“Heavy fire was showing, one area of the building occupants were outside the home. A number of people were saying someone was trapped inside the building,” he said.
Crews entered the building to search for the victim, but it was too late. The 14-month-old victim has not been identified.
Another child and two adults escaped the blaze with minor injuries.
Initial reports suggest the home did not have a furnace and the family was heating the home with space heaters.
The American Red Cross is assisting family members.