ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – A guest appearance by two cats caused quite a stir at the St. Louis Board of Aldermen meeting Friday.
The cats were carried in by supporters of the Animal House Fund stray cat shelter.
Aldermanic President Lewis Reed, who is allergic to cats, began coughing and gasping for air.
It became so bad, Reed left the meeting early to give himself an allergy shot.
On the way out, the aldermanic president told reporters the allergic reaction was causing his throat to close up.
Aides say Reed went home after his allergy shot and was feeling better.
- Alderwoman Megan Green Running for Board of Aldermen President
- Aldermen Unanimously Pass Resolution Honoring Anthony Lamar Smith
- Aldermen Vote to Put Sales Tax Increase for Police on Ballot
- Aldermen Hear Testimony on Abortion Clinic Buffer Zone
- Civil War Museum Raising Funds To Move Confederate Monument