Business Closings in St. Louis-Area
January 6, 2014 5:30 AM
Get Breaking News First
Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.Sign Up
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Several businesses and government centers are closed Monday due to icy roads and extremely cold conditions. Below is a list of those closings.
- Alton City Hall is closed. Only essential employees in the Fire Department, Police Department, and Public Works Department should report for work.
- Belleville City Offices are closed.
- Ferguson City Hall is closed.
- The Jefferson County Government Center is closed.
- The Madison County Government Center and the courts are closed.
- O’Fallon, Illinois City Hall is closed until at least noon.
- St. Louis City Hall and the St. Louis County Government Center are closed.
- The Swansea Government center is closed. The Monday council meeting is cancelled.
- Town and Country City Hall is closed.
- Wentzville City offices will open at 11:00 a.m.
- The record-setting St. Louis deep freeze has hit Boeing’s military work in north county. Boeing St. Louis, including the St. Charles and St. Clair facilities, has called off the Monday first shift. Employees should call the Employee Hotline for further updates. The number is 1-800-899-6431. All essential maintenance personnel still must report to work.
- All Humane Society of Missouri locations are closed.
- Kraft Foods in Granite City is on a storm schedule. First shift production is cancelled today. Kraft Foods contractors and engineering workers will have a normal work schedule but only if they can arrive safely.
- St. Charles and St. Charles County Libraries are closed.
- SLU Care Physicians Practice at St. Louis University Medical Center will be closed.
- The Missouri History Museum is closed.
- The St. Louis Zoo is closed.
- Waste Management of St. Louis will delay Monday residential pick up across the area. Crews will operate this week on a holiday schedule. All Monday routes will be collected Tuesday. All Tuesday routes will be collected Wednesday and so on.