Mother Of Murdered 7-Year-Old Released From Jail
ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KMOX) – The mother of the 7-year-old girl who was stabbed to death in Effingham County, Illinois in September is back home after serving jail time for lying to police during the investigation.
Ciara DeRyke was released on Thursday after having her sentence cut in half for good behavior. She served 60 days of her 120 day sentence for “obstructing” a peace officer.
Effingham County Assistant State’s Attorney Scott Ealy says DeRyke was charged with a misdemeanor, because threre’s no evidence she lied to police to cover up the killing.
Ealy says DeRyke lied when she told police she had seen Willow Long the morning after the girl had already been killed, but he says there’s no evidence she knew about her daughter’s death.
If DeRyke violates her probation she’ll have to serve the remaining 60 days. Willow’s uncle, Justin DeRyke, is charged with the killing and is awaiting trial.
- Illinois Man Pleads Guilty In Niece’s Murder
- Mother Of Murdered 7-Year-Old Released From Jail
- Willow Long’s Mom Pleads Guilty to Obstruction
- Ill. Mother Charged in Daughter’s Death
- Trial Pushed Back For Man Accused Of Killing Niece
- Grand Jury Indicts Justin DeRyke on First Degree Murder
- Funeral Set for 7-Year-old Illinois Girl Who Was Stabbed to Death
- Brother of Slain 7-Year-Old Willow Long Placed in Protective Custody
- Uncle of 7-Year-old Willow Long Formally Charged With Murder
- Uncle of Willow Long Faces Murder Charges