Work Begins at National Corvette Museum

Brett Blume

BOWLING GREEN, Ken. (KMOX) – Work begins Thursday to remove eight classic cars from the sinkhole that swallowed them at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

Director Wendell Strode says the museum will stay open while work is underway to pull the vehicles from a 60-foot deep hole that opened up last week.

“Part of that connection is a plexiglass window where people that are touring the museum, they can look into the sky dome and see the work being done and see the sinkhole,” says Strode.

Strode says despite their close proximity to the Mammoth Cave system, he had no idea the museum itself was built right on top of a sinkhole.

Corvettes were manufactured in St. Louis until 1981.

More from Brett Blume
  • [VIDEO] $180,000 in Taxpayer Money Swallowed in Corvette Museum Sinkhole | pundit from another planet

    […] Work Begins at National Corvette Museum ( […]

blog comments powered by Disqus
Listen Now
Thanksgiving Guide
Make Your Picks!

Listen Live