ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Sixteen Missourians, looking for a big return on their investment, are now hoping to get their money back from the scammers who have probably already spent it.
It was a scam of major proportions says Missouri Secretary of State Jason Kander.
“Some folks were promised a return of 5 times their original investment and then others were promised as much as actually $170,000 per month,” says Kander.
He says Christopher Cristea of St. Charles and David Corey Tolle of Wentzville promised to invest their alleged victim’s money in mining operations. He says the money, more than $700,000 never made it to the mine.
“Instead Cristea used investor funds to make payments to his personal bank accounts, to his mother and to a beauty college,” says Kander.
O’Fallon real estate agent Donna Marie Andres allegedly helped solicit investors.
Kander says the main objective now is to try and get restitution.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Local DEA Pushes Bill for Prescription Drug Monitoring Program
- Knock, Knock — Door-to-Door Prescription Collection Effort Underway
- Mother Charged with Murder in Death of 7-Year-Old Daughter
- Ex-Policeman Accused of Assaulting Missouri Clerk
- Majority of STL Murders Unsolved, Guns Used in All But 4
- Car Slams Into Hazelwood Steak ‘N Shake, 3 Injured