ST. LOUIS (AP) – A St. Louis County woman is charged with felony assault after reportedly stabbing a Normandy police officer in the face with a steak knife.
KSDK-TV reports that Tinisha Washington is jailed on a $150,000 bond after the Tuesday night incident. Normandy Police Chief Frank Mininni says his officer is expected to make a full recovery and return to work next week.
Police say the incident began as a domestic disturbance call involving Washington and her mother. Washington was behind a locked bedroom door which she opened slightly when the attack occurred.
The chief says his officer was stabbed so forcefully that the knife bent. In addition to a charge of first-degree assault on a law enforcement officer, Washington is also charged with armed criminal action and resisting arrest.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Alleged Drunk Driver Hits Squad Car
- Suspect Arrested In August Quadruple Murder
- 17-Year-Old Hazelwood West Student Accused of Bringing Gun to School Charged
- Bellefontaine Neighbors Man Charged in Officer Shooting
- Murder Conviction in Farmer Herbicide Feud
- 95-Year-Old Marine Fights Burglar, Daughter Chases Him Through Town