Normandy Woman Charged with Stabbing Cop in Face
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (AP) - A St. Louis County woman is charged with felony assault after reportedly stabbing a Normandy police officer in the face with a steak knife.
KSDK-TV reports that Tinisha Washington is jailed on a $150,000 bond after the Tuesday night incident. Normandy Police Chief Frank Mininni says his officer is expected to make a full recovery and return to work next week.
Police say the incident began as a domestic disturbance call involving Washington and her mother. Washington was behind a locked bedroom door which she opened slightly when the attack occurred.
The chief says his officer was stabbed so forcefully that the knife bent. In addition to a charge of first-degree assault on a law enforcement officer, Washington is also charged with armed criminal action and resisting arrest.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Murder Charges Filed in Sunday Triple Shooting
- Fairview Heights Police Investigating String of Car Break-Ins
- Missouri Man Gets Probation for Hitting Kitten
- Man Sentenced in Dec. 2013 Shooting on Delmar
- Man Gets 65 Years Prison in Dismemberment Killing
- Multiple Shootings in Same Block of North St. Louis Neighborhood