Normandy Woman Charged with Stabbing Cop in Face
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (AP) - A St. Louis County woman is charged with felony assault after reportedly stabbing a Normandy police officer in the face with a steak knife.
KSDK-TV reports that Tinisha Washington is jailed on a $150,000 bond after the Tuesday night incident. Normandy Police Chief Frank Mininni says his officer is expected to make a full recovery and return to work next week.
Police say the incident began as a domestic disturbance call involving Washington and her mother. Washington was behind a locked bedroom door which she opened slightly when the attack occurred.
The chief says his officer was stabbed so forcefully that the knife bent. In addition to a charge of first-degree assault on a law enforcement officer, Washington is also charged with armed criminal action and resisting arrest.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Police: Thief Stole Officer’s Car, Tried to Run Him Over
- UPDATE: Woman Shot, Killed in North St. Louis Was Bystander Walking with Grandchildren
- St. Louis Man Charged With Rape
- Police Coax Burglar Down From Tree With Water, E-Cigarettes
- Police Seek Suspect in South County Bank Robbery
- ‘Plastic Wrap’ Bandit Charged