ST. LOUIS (AP) – A St. Louis County woman is charged with felony assault after reportedly stabbing a Normandy police officer in the face with a steak knife.
KSDK-TV reports that Tinisha Washington is jailed on a $150,000 bond after the Tuesday night incident. Normandy Police Chief Frank Mininni says his officer is expected to make a full recovery and return to work next week.
Police say the incident began as a domestic disturbance call involving Washington and her mother. Washington was behind a locked bedroom door which she opened slightly when the attack occurred.
The chief says his officer was stabbed so forcefully that the knife bent. In addition to a charge of first-degree assault on a law enforcement officer, Washington is also charged with armed criminal action and resisting arrest.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- UPDATE: Man Accused of Shooting Infant Turns Self In
- Suspect in Wash. Ave. Murder Turns Himself In
- Man in Prison for Wife’s Killing Arraigned on Federal Charge
- UPDATED: 2 Children – Blaze Crockett, Ryker Crockett, Found Safe
- California Woman Carjacked on Way to Airport
- Madison County Police Investigate Craigslist Car Jacking