Bodies of Father, Son Found in Missouri Park
Get Breaking News First
WILDWOOD, Mo. (KMOX/AP) - St. Louis County police say a man and his son were found dead in a state park near St. Louis.
The bodies were found Tuesday near a hiking trail in Babler State Park in Wildwood. Douglas Potter, 57, fatally shot son Joseph, age 20, before he killed himself.
A couple walking in the park found the bodies and a vehicle that belonged to one of the men was discovered nearby.
Authorities evacuated the park except for a group of students who were on a camping trip in an area away from where the bodies were found.
St. Louis County Police are now calling this a murder/suicide wherein the father took the son’s life, and then took his own, though police have no motive.
A weapon was recovered at the scene.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Shroud of Turin Conference to be Held in Chesterfield Next Month
- Anheuser-Busch InBev St. Louis Headquarters Important Part of Company, Expert Says
- Nixon Announces SLPS Test Scores Up 18 Points
- Panel Discusses Potential Funding for Road Improvements
- Wentzville GM Assembly Plant Adding Third Shift, 750 Jobs
- Anheuser-Busch ‘Not Yet Satisfied’ With NFL Actions