ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) – Two Illinois State Police firearms instructors are being forced to stop teaching after they gave almost 100 students certificates who had not earned them.
Sixteen hours of training is required and the complaint states the students didn’t finish the training, but were given concealed carry certificates anyway.
The St. Clair Attorney’s office is reviewing the case to see if any charges should be filed.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- How Much Would it Cost For an Epic Batting Practice Experience at Busch Stadium?
- Larry Rice asks Gov Greitens for Help with Homeless
- Kaldi’s Coffee Opens Citygarden Location
- New Study Raises More Questions About Safety of Energy Drinks
- 18-Year-Old Shot in North County Armed Robbery
- United Raising Limit on Payments to Bumped Flyers to $10,000