Illinois State Police Instructors Improperly Certified Applicants
Get Breaking News First
ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) - Two Illinois State Police firearms instructors are being forced to stop teaching after they gave almost 100 students certificates who had not earned them.
Sixteen hours of training is required and the complaint states the students didn’t finish the training, but were given concealed carry certificates anyway.
The St. Clair Attorney’s office is reviewing the case to see if any charges should be filed.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Holder Announces a Study of Racial Bias in Police Departments
- Two Northern Illinois Residents Dead from West Nile Virus
- Dotson and Officers Preparing for Protestors at Weekend Games
- Rick Stream Distancing Himself from Campaign Troubles of Opponent
- Doctor and His Fiancee Accused in Kickback Scheme
- Tow Boat Sinks in Mississippi River Overnight