ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) – Two Illinois State Police firearms instructors are being forced to stop teaching after they gave almost 100 students certificates who had not earned them.
Sixteen hours of training is required and the complaint states the students didn’t finish the training, but were given concealed carry certificates anyway.
The St. Clair Attorney’s office is reviewing the case to see if any charges should be filed.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Police Search for Missing Overland Boy
- Plans Underway For New I-270 Bridge Over Mississippi River
- Just in Time For the 4th, 27 New Police Officers Hit STL Streets
- Emanuel Says Chicago Schools Will Open on Time This Fall
- Man Charged in Attempted Downtown Robbery, Shooting
- Fourth of July – Be Cautious of the BBQ Blues