Illinois State Police Instructors Improperly Certified Applicants
ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) - Two Illinois State Police firearms instructors are being forced to stop teaching after they gave almost 100 students certificates who had not earned them.
Sixteen hours of training is required and the complaint states the students didn’t finish the training, but were given concealed carry certificates anyway.
The St. Clair Attorney’s office is reviewing the case to see if any charges should be filed.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Melee at St. Louis City Hall During Hearing on Police Oversight Board
- Endangered Person Alert Issued for Missing Woman
- Missouri House to Halt Committee Meetings at Country Club
- Rep. Keith English Leaves House Democrats to Become Independent
- Area Law Enforcement Working to Combat Heroin
- STL Police Search for Suspects Who Stole From Woman in Car