ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) – Two Illinois State Police firearms instructors are being forced to stop teaching after they gave almost 100 students certificates who had not earned them.
Sixteen hours of training is required and the complaint states the students didn’t finish the training, but were given concealed carry certificates anyway.
The St. Clair Attorney’s office is reviewing the case to see if any charges should be filed.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Schnucks, UFCW Local 655 Reach Tentative Deal
- Officials Announce Distribution of Medicine Deactivation Pouches
- Car Rammed, Driver Shot on I-44 in St. Louis
- 1 Killed in I-70 Crash in Indiana Involving FFA bus
- Drunken Driving Education Program Reinstated in Springfield
- Charges Filed In Thursday’s Shooting Of St. Louis County Police Officer