ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) – Two Illinois State Police firearms instructors are being forced to stop teaching after they gave almost 100 students certificates who had not earned them.
Sixteen hours of training is required and the complaint states the students didn’t finish the training, but were given concealed carry certificates anyway.
The St. Clair Attorney’s office is reviewing the case to see if any charges should be filed.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Plan for Downtown MLS Stadium ‘Running Out of Mulligans’
- Suspect in Theft of 11 ATVs Caught, Two More at Large
- How to Deal With Struggling Parents Out in Public
- Congregation Returns to St. Louis Church Damaged by Arsonist
- Missouri Students May Be Working From Home on Snow Days
- Police Issue Warning for Missing Violent, Schizophrenic Man