Illinois State Police Instructors Improperly Certified Applicants
ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) – Two Illinois State Police firearms instructors are being forced to stop teaching after they gave almost 100 students certificates who had not earned them.
Sixteen hours of training is required and the complaint states the students didn’t finish the training, but were given concealed carry certificates anyway.
The St. Clair Attorney’s office is reviewing the case to see if any charges should be filed.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- New NFL Stadium Would Be “National Car Rental Field”
- Disaster Plan Developed in Case Fire Reaches Nuclear Waste
- Missouri Man Twice Protected by Castle Doctrine in Killings
- EPA Finds Hazardous Waste Violations at Missouri-Kansas City
- 1 Dead After Vehicles Crash in St. Louis; Building Also Hit
- STL Fire Chief Says No Extra Money for More Officers