Illinois State Police Instructors Improperly Certified Applicants
Get Breaking News First
ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) - Two Illinois State Police firearms instructors are being forced to stop teaching after they gave almost 100 students certificates who had not earned them.
Sixteen hours of training is required and the complaint states the students didn’t finish the training, but were given concealed carry certificates anyway.
The St. Clair Attorney’s office is reviewing the case to see if any charges should be filed.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Illinois Health Department Being ‘Vigilant for Ebola’
- First Hearing on Merger of Water and Highway Patrols Today
- Cardinals Fans Stock Up on Division Champ Gear
- Stenger: PR Contract for Ferguson a Waste of Taxpayer Dollars
- Central West End Named in Top 10 Great Neighborhoods for 2014
- Ferguson Police Chief: Body Cameras Required to be On at Certain Times