ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) – Two Illinois State Police firearms instructors are being forced to stop teaching after they gave almost 100 students certificates who had not earned them.
Sixteen hours of training is required and the complaint states the students didn’t finish the training, but were given concealed carry certificates anyway.
The St. Clair Attorney’s office is reviewing the case to see if any charges should be filed.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Governor-Elect Eric Greitens’ Wife Robbed at Gunpoint
- Eyes of Nation on Ferguson, Lead Monitor Tells Residents
- First ‘Winter Flakes’ Expected in the Forecast on Wednesday
- Driver and Students Escape School Bus Fire on I-44
- East St. Louis Corruption Investigation Leads to Arrests
- Increased Pension Costs Add to Missouri Budget Issues