ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) – Two Illinois State Police firearms instructors are being forced to stop teaching after they gave almost 100 students certificates who had not earned them.
Sixteen hours of training is required and the complaint states the students didn’t finish the training, but were given concealed carry certificates anyway.
The St. Clair Attorney’s office is reviewing the case to see if any charges should be filed.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Prosecutor Seeks Higher Bond in Ballwin Police Shooting
- St. Louis Police Add Ice Cream Truck as Outreach Tool
- OSHA: Heat Blamed in Landscaper’s Death in Missouri
- Jeff City Police Search for Woman Believed to Have Been Taken Against Will
- Atheists Sue Missouri Officials Over Baptist Convention
- Woman Struck by Tractor-Trailer on I-55 Near St. Louis