ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) – Two Illinois State Police firearms instructors are being forced to stop teaching after they gave almost 100 students certificates who had not earned them.
Sixteen hours of training is required and the complaint states the students didn’t finish the training, but were given concealed carry certificates anyway.
The St. Clair Attorney’s office is reviewing the case to see if any charges should be filed.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- VP Pence Joins Gov. Greitens at Jewish Cemetery Clean-Up
- Powerball Jackpot Tops $400 Million for 1st Time in Months
- ‘Miracle On Ice’ Creates Most Chilling Moment in Sports Broadcasting, Film History
- State Reps. Propose Independent Investigations in Police Killings
- Arch Grants Executive Director Moves On
- Yahoo and Verizon Strike a Deal after Cyber Attacks