Illinois State Police Instructors Improperly Certified Applicants
Get Breaking News First
ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) - Two Illinois State Police firearms instructors are being forced to stop teaching after they gave almost 100 students certificates who had not earned them.
Sixteen hours of training is required and the complaint states the students didn’t finish the training, but were given concealed carry certificates anyway.
The St. Clair Attorney’s office is reviewing the case to see if any charges should be filed.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Former Police Department Employee Charged with Sodomy, Assault
- Normandy Schools Working to Finish Hiring Before School Year Begins
- Attorney: Botched Execution Shows Process is ‘Callous Trial-and-Error’
- Missouri Schedules Execution of Convicted Killer Leon Taylor
- St. Louis County Executive Republican Candidates Face Off
- Attempted Gas Station Robbery Ends When Owner Pulls Handgun