Illinois State Police Instructors Improperly Certified Applicants
ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) – Two Illinois State Police firearms instructors are being forced to stop teaching after they gave almost 100 students certificates who had not earned them.
Sixteen hours of training is required and the complaint states the students didn’t finish the training, but were given concealed carry certificates anyway.
The St. Clair Attorney’s office is reviewing the case to see if any charges should be filed.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- 12-Year-Old Injured in Accidental Shooting
- Smartphones Can Be Tempting Source For Trivia Cheaters
- Co-Founder of Mr. Coffee Company Dies in Ohio at Age 91
- Prop 1 is a Lonely Measure on Tuesday’s City Ballot
- St. Louis is 55th out of 62 Best U.S. Cities to Live In
- U City Residents Outspoken Against Gateway Ambulance Contract