Illinois State Police Instructors Improperly Certified Applicants
Get Breaking News First
ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) - Two Illinois State Police firearms instructors are being forced to stop teaching after they gave almost 100 students certificates who had not earned them.
Sixteen hours of training is required and the complaint states the students didn’t finish the training, but were given concealed carry certificates anyway.
The St. Clair Attorney’s office is reviewing the case to see if any charges should be filed.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Sunset Hills Police Turning Mayor’s Road Rage Investigation Over to County
- Risk of Ebola Cases in St. Louis is ‘Very Low,’ Expert Says
- INTERVIEW: Dooley Addresses Concerns Over Nepotism, Landfill, Mueth Scandal
- EPA: Final Report on Bridgeton Municipal Athletic Complex Shows Facility ‘Suitable for Public Use’
- Police: Thief Stole Officer’s Car, Tried to Run Him Over
- Small-Town Main Street Organizations Say Downtowns Are Coming Back