ST. CLAIR COUNTY, Ill. (KMOX) – Two Illinois State Police firearms instructors are being forced to stop teaching after they gave almost 100 students certificates who had not earned them.
Sixteen hours of training is required and the complaint states the students didn’t finish the training, but were given concealed carry certificates anyway.
The St. Clair Attorney’s office is reviewing the case to see if any charges should be filed.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Missouri Ranks Low for Smoking Prevention
- ACLU Finds Ferguson-Florissant Violates Voting Rights Act
- Layoffs Begin at St. Louis Community College
- Research Finds Doctor’s Age Can Affect Patients
- St. Louis County Council Discuss Budget Changes, Merger
- Joe Buck, Michelle Beisner Announce They’re Having Twins