Metro Upgrades to Bendy, Articulated Buses
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Officials with Metro didn’t want to lay out lots of cash for brand new buses, but they needed to increase capacity.
The solution was an articulate one—as in pre-owned, 60-foot-long “articulated” buses that bend in the middle.
“The operating cost of this bus over the 40-foot bus it’s replacing is about 2 to 2 1/2 percent more, but the capacity is 22 percent greater,” says Metro Chief Operating Officer Ray Friem.
He says the longer buses will start serving the over-crowded “Grand Line” in early June, and they’ll eventually have 15 of them in the fleet.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Homeless Advocate Accused in Lawsuit over Springfield Fire
- Kansas Ends Volatile 2014 with 154 Same-Sex Marriages
- Man’s Body Found in Back Seat of Stopped Car
- 13-Year-Old Boy Accused in Fatal Shooting of Girl, 12
- Slay Pushes Special Court for Violent Offenders
- Study Shows Price Differences For Women Health Procedures