I-64 to Close in Chesterfield Weekend of April 4-7
Get Breaking News First
CHESTERFIELD, Mo. (AP) - Motorists who use Interstate 64 in the western suburbs of St. Louis may need to consider alternative routes for the first weekend in April.
The Missouri Department of Transportation will close all lanes of I-64 from 8 p.m. on April 4 until 5 a.m. April 7 in two places in the Chesterfield area. Crews will remove the Chesterfield Parkway West bridge and the old Chesterfield Airport Road bridge over the interstate.
Motorists traveling to and from St. Charles County are urged to consider other routes, such as Interstate 70.
Detours will be available around the I-64 work, but MoDOT expects congestion due to several events, including the Go! St. Louis marathon in downtown St. Louis on April 6. The race is expected to draw more than 20,000 runners.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Man Arrested in Car Break In Case
- Sports Open Line: Tony La Russa, Adam Wainwright, Bob Costas, Joe Buck
- Monsanto Faces Dual Threat After Intellectual Property Theft
- GOP Rauner’s Campaign Ad Used Made-Up Headlines
- Mine Simulator in Harrisburg Aims to Make Mining Safer
- St. Louis Civilian Police Employee Faces Charges