I-64 to Close in Chesterfield Weekend of April 4-7
CHESTERFIELD, Mo. (AP) - Motorists who use Interstate 64 in the western suburbs of St. Louis may need to consider alternative routes for the first weekend in April.
The Missouri Department of Transportation will close all lanes of I-64 from 8 p.m. on April 4 until 5 a.m. April 7 in two places in the Chesterfield area. Crews will remove the Chesterfield Parkway West bridge and the old Chesterfield Airport Road bridge over the interstate.
Motorists traveling to and from St. Charles County are urged to consider other routes, such as Interstate 70.
Detours will be available around the I-64 work, but MoDOT expects congestion due to several events, including the Go! St. Louis marathon in downtown St. Louis on April 6. The race is expected to draw more than 20,000 runners.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Gunman on Probation Charged in Sunday’s Shotgun Scare
- Missouri Audit: $376K Spent Flying Commissioners to Meetings
- Ex-CIA Officer Convicted of Leaking Secrets to Reporter
- No Summer Rocks Memorial Day Concert in Downtown St. Louis
- Hot-Spot Policing Underway in Four St. Louis Neighborhoods
- Retired Circuit Judge Urges Caution in Changing Way Bonds Are Set