2 Accused of Dumping Tires in East St. Louis
BELLEVILLE, Ill. (AP) - Two southwestern Illinois men are accused of illegal dumping after police say they found more than 1,000 scrap tires inside a former East St. Louis club.
The Belleville News-Democrat reports St. Clair County prosecutors have charged 32-year-old Patrick Singleton of Granite City and 34-year-old Robert Evans Jr. of O’Fallon with criminal disposal of waste.
Police say officers responding to a tip from witnesses found the two men with a flatbed loaded with tires outside the former Club Casino. A warrant alleges the men dumped more than 50 waste tires at a site unapproved as a sanitary landfill.
Online court records don’t show whether Singleton or Evans have attorneys. They do not have listed home telephone numbers.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Ferguson Employee Fired, 2 Others On Leave Over Emails
- Gov. Nixon Responds To DOJ’s Ferguson Report
- Darren Wilson ‘Relieved’ at No Charges From Feds
- DOJ Releases Ferguson Report, Finds Focus on Revenue Over Safety
- CONFIRMED: U.S. Clears Darren Wilson in Ferguson Case, Criticizes Police Force
- St. Louis Shelter Sues in Effort to Keep Operating