2 Accused of Dumping Tires in East St. Louis
BELLEVILLE, Ill. (AP) – Two southwestern Illinois men are accused of illegal dumping after police say they found more than 1,000 scrap tires inside a former East St. Louis club.
The Belleville News-Democrat reports St. Clair County prosecutors have charged 32-year-old Patrick Singleton of Granite City and 34-year-old Robert Evans Jr. of O’Fallon with criminal disposal of waste.
Police say officers responding to a tip from witnesses found the two men with a flatbed loaded with tires outside the former Club Casino. A warrant alleges the men dumped more than 50 waste tires at a site unapproved as a sanitary landfill.
Online court records don’t show whether Singleton or Evans have attorneys. They do not have listed home telephone numbers.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Sextortion, Cyber Crime Targeting Young Boys and Girls
- Judge: Chicago Jail’s Newspaper Ban Violates 1st Amendment
- VIDEO: Police Release Video of Armed Robbery Suspect
- Judge Bars Full State Worker Pay Without Illinois Budget
- One Year Later: More Questions In Case Of Missing Mo. Woman
- Is This Watergate or Boxgate? Uber Delivers Letters, Bottled Water to Taxicab Commissioners