BELLEVILLE, Ill. (AP) – Two southwestern Illinois men are accused of illegal dumping after police say they found more than 1,000 scrap tires inside a former East St. Louis club.
The Belleville News-Democrat reports St. Clair County prosecutors have charged 32-year-old Patrick Singleton of Granite City and 34-year-old Robert Evans Jr. of O’Fallon with criminal disposal of waste.
Police say officers responding to a tip from witnesses found the two men with a flatbed loaded with tires outside the former Club Casino. A warrant alleges the men dumped more than 50 waste tires at a site unapproved as a sanitary landfill.
Online court records don’t show whether Singleton or Evans have attorneys. They do not have listed home telephone numbers.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Priscilla Presley Addresses Fans on the 40th Anniversary of Elvis’ Death
- Local NAACP Explains Advisory and Senate Bill 43
- Madison County Treasurer Provides Extra Money for Schools
- Missouri Shows Overall Improvement on Standardized Tests
- Visitation and Funeral of Local Priest Held Today
- Former Miss America Runs for Ill. Attorney General