2 Accused of Dumping Tires in East St. Louis
BELLEVILLE, Ill. (AP) – Two southwestern Illinois men are accused of illegal dumping after police say they found more than 1,000 scrap tires inside a former East St. Louis club.
The Belleville News-Democrat reports St. Clair County prosecutors have charged 32-year-old Patrick Singleton of Granite City and 34-year-old Robert Evans Jr. of O’Fallon with criminal disposal of waste.
Police say officers responding to a tip from witnesses found the two men with a flatbed loaded with tires outside the former Club Casino. A warrant alleges the men dumped more than 50 waste tires at a site unapproved as a sanitary landfill.
Online court records don’t show whether Singleton or Evans have attorneys. They do not have listed home telephone numbers.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Missouri Executes Man for 15-Year-Old Girl’s 1989 Killing
- Lawsuit: U of Illinois Retaliated Over Sex Harassment Claim
- 7 Dead from Legionnaires’ Disease at Quincy Veterans’ Home
- St. Louis Zoo: ‘No Plans to Seek Admission Charge’
- School Split Over Transgender Student Using Girls Bathroom
- Wanted Belleville Man Surrenders to St. Louis Police