BELLEVILLE, Ill. (AP) – Two southwestern Illinois men are accused of illegal dumping after police say they found more than 1,000 scrap tires inside a former East St. Louis club.
The Belleville News-Democrat reports St. Clair County prosecutors have charged 32-year-old Patrick Singleton of Granite City and 34-year-old Robert Evans Jr. of O’Fallon with criminal disposal of waste.
Police say officers responding to a tip from witnesses found the two men with a flatbed loaded with tires outside the former Club Casino. A warrant alleges the men dumped more than 50 waste tires at a site unapproved as a sanitary landfill.
Online court records don’t show whether Singleton or Evans have attorneys. They do not have listed home telephone numbers.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Missouri Woman Gets Illinois Prison Time in Son’s Death
- Meet the Competitors of Food Fight: The Muddled Pig & Robie’s Restaurant
- Lengthy Kingshighway Bridge Project Wrapping Up
- Hard Times for Sears as Retailer Notes Doubt About Future
- St. Louis Police: Crash Victim’s Body Went Unnoticed
- Anheuser-Busch Releases MLB-Inspired Budweiser