ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Busch Stadium, home of the Cardinals, ranks as the 5th best stadium in the Major Leagues.
That ranking comes from travel website TripAdvisor.com, which based its 2014 list on feedback from MLB fans.
Trip Advisor travel expert Brooke Ferencsik says out of 30 stadiums across the league, Busch Stadium comes in at number five for its views and the great new food offerings rolled out in recent years.
“Sightlines are amazing throughout the park, there isn’t a bad seat,” he says. “People love the concessions. The food there is amazing, and there’s a wide variety of food.”
Ferencsik says the ranking is also in part due to the stadium’s great behind-the-scenes tour offered to visitors.
“They call it baseball heaven for a reason,” he says. “One Trip Advisor traveler and reviewer noted that the tour takes you behind the scenes. You get to see the press box, the private areas, the club areas, the dugout, then on the field.”
If you’re wondering, Pittsburgh’s PNC Park tops the Trip Advisor list, followed by San Francisco, Baltimore and Fenway Park in Boston, then Busch.
And don’t forget, first pitch for the season opener against the Reds in Cincinnati is 3:10 p.m. today, right here on KMOX.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 5 Things: Sweet 16 And Elite 8 Weekend
- Maye’s Last Second Shot Sends UNC To Final Four With 75-73 Win Over Kentucky
- South Carolina Beats Florida 77-70, Makes First Trip To Final Four
- Blues Drop a Tough One to the Flames
- Oregon Tops Kansas 74-60 To Advance To First Final Four In 78 Years
- Gonzaga Trounces Xavier 83-59 To Advance To First Final Four In School History