JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) – Three articles of impeachment against Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon are now in a state House committee.
Republican lawmakers have raised several complaints against the Democratic governor.
One article seeks to impeach Nixon over an executive order directing state tax officials to accept joint returns from same-sex couples who married legally in other states.
Another asserts Nixon did not move fast enough to call special elections for vacant legislative seats. The third complains there was insufficient punishment of officials involved in a dispute over the handling of concealed gun permits.
The articles of impeachment have been referred to the House Judiciary Committee.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- St. Louis County Hopes to Avoid Repeat of April Election Problems
- KMOX on the Campaign Trail with Catherine Hanaway
- KMOX on the Campaign Trail with Peter Kinder
- Recent Poll Shows Illinois Democrats Favor Durbin for Governor in 2018
- When it Comes to Women Leading Nations, U.S. is Behind. Why?
- Bernie Backers Protest Outside DNC as Hillary Gets Nomination