JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) – Three articles of impeachment against Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon are now in a state House committee.
Republican lawmakers have raised several complaints against the Democratic governor.
One article seeks to impeach Nixon over an executive order directing state tax officials to accept joint returns from same-sex couples who married legally in other states.
Another asserts Nixon did not move fast enough to call special elections for vacant legislative seats. The third complains there was insufficient punishment of officials involved in a dispute over the handling of concealed gun permits.
The articles of impeachment have been referred to the House Judiciary Committee.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- MLS Commissioner: ‘Without Props 1 & 2 – There Is No Team’
- Greitens to Sign Missouri Expert Witness Bill
- Missouri House Advances Plan for $242M in Extra Spending
- VIDEO: MLS2STL Leaders Make Final Push For Stadium Funding Bills
- Media Again Criticizes Gov. Greitens for Lack of Accessibility
- Big Push for Bill to Stock EpiPens in Public Venues