JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) – Three articles of impeachment against Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon are now in a state House committee.
Republican lawmakers have raised several complaints against the Democratic governor.
One article seeks to impeach Nixon over an executive order directing state tax officials to accept joint returns from same-sex couples who married legally in other states.
Another asserts Nixon did not move fast enough to call special elections for vacant legislative seats. The third complains there was insufficient punishment of officials involved in a dispute over the handling of concealed gun permits.
The articles of impeachment have been referred to the House Judiciary Committee.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Half Of Trump Backers Don’t Trust Vote Counting
- Incoming State Lawmaker Accuses Future Colleague Of Rape
- US Official: Hackers Targeted Election Systems Of 20 States
- Could This Year’s Election Cause Friendship Break-Ups?
- Supporters of Greitens, Koster Trade Jabs at Dueling Events
- Early Voting Kicks Off in Illinois