JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) – Three articles of impeachment against Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon are now in a state House committee.
Republican lawmakers have raised several complaints against the Democratic governor.
One article seeks to impeach Nixon over an executive order directing state tax officials to accept joint returns from same-sex couples who married legally in other states.
Another asserts Nixon did not move fast enough to call special elections for vacant legislative seats. The third complains there was insufficient punishment of officials involved in a dispute over the handling of concealed gun permits.
The articles of impeachment have been referred to the House Judiciary Committee.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Governor Signs Mid-Year Budget Boost
- Newest STLCC Board of Trustees Member Not Qualified to Serve on Panel
- Fighting to Lower Drug Overdose Deaths
- Durbin Seeks National Park Status for Cahokia Mounds
- Religious GOP Lawmaker Explains Why He Voted Against SJR39
- Missouri Lawmaker Asks Students to Rethink Going to Mizzou