JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) – Three articles of impeachment against Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon are now in a state House committee.
Republican lawmakers have raised several complaints against the Democratic governor.
One article seeks to impeach Nixon over an executive order directing state tax officials to accept joint returns from same-sex couples who married legally in other states.
Another asserts Nixon did not move fast enough to call special elections for vacant legislative seats. The third complains there was insufficient punishment of officials involved in a dispute over the handling of concealed gun permits.
The articles of impeachment have been referred to the House Judiciary Committee.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- Missouri Budget Project: Budget Problems Due to ‘Ongoing Revenue Problem’
- Protesters Show Support For Obamacare
- St. Charles Artist Sells 4-Foot Steel ‘Trump Tie’
- What’s Your Message To President-Elect Donald Trump?
- GM to Announce $1B Factory Investment, New Jobs
- Greitens to Focus on Job Growth During State of the State