JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) – Three articles of impeachment against Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon are now in a state House committee.
Republican lawmakers have raised several complaints against the Democratic governor.
One article seeks to impeach Nixon over an executive order directing state tax officials to accept joint returns from same-sex couples who married legally in other states.
Another asserts Nixon did not move fast enough to call special elections for vacant legislative seats. The third complains there was insufficient punishment of officials involved in a dispute over the handling of concealed gun permits.
The articles of impeachment have been referred to the House Judiciary Committee.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE POLITICS NEWS:
- White House: Sen. Kirk’s ‘Drug Dealer’ Comment ‘Outrageous’
- Prices Up, Choices Down on Illinois Health Insurance Market
- Fort Leonard Wood PowerPoint Slide Listed Hillary Clinton as ‘Insider’ Threat
- Chicago Police Refute Trump’s Claim He Talked To Commanders
- Rauner Signs Bill to Punish Trafficking Guns into Illinois
- New Poll Out — Is The ‘Show Me State’ Back to Being a Bellwether State?