Man Hospitalized after Standoff in Springfield
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) - Springfield police say a man is hospitalized with severe injuries after a standoff with police ended when he shot himself.
Police St. Eric Reece says officers were called to home Sunday evening when a woman reported her husband was suicidal and had fired a shot in the house.
The Springfield News-Leader reports police negotiated with the man over the phone, but the suspect began shooting inside the house and then fired at officers.
The standoff ended after about three hours when the man shot himself and came out of the house. He was conscious when he was taken to the hospital.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Chief Dotson Blasts Amendment Allowing Felons to be Armed
- Nebraska Police Find Marijuana Inside Container Labeled ‘Not Weed’
- Funeral Services Planned for Victims of Tyrone Shooting
- Woman Killed by Hit-and-Run Driver on I-70
- NYT: Justice Dept. Report on Ferguson Police Could be Released This Week
- UPDATED: Suspect Dies after Officer-Involved Shooting in Wellston