Man Hospitalized after Standoff in Springfield
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) – Springfield police say a man is hospitalized with severe injuries after a standoff with police ended when he shot himself.
Police St. Eric Reece says officers were called to home Sunday evening when a woman reported her husband was suicidal and had fired a shot in the house.
The Springfield News-Leader reports police negotiated with the man over the phone, but the suspect began shooting inside the house and then fired at officers.
The standoff ended after about three hours when the man shot himself and came out of the house. He was conscious when he was taken to the hospital.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Man Gets 50 Years for Killing Father with Hammer
- Teen Murdered, One of Two Suspects Identified
- Wanted Belleville Man Surrenders to St. Louis Police
- Former Police Chief: National Anti-Police Trend is Growing
- Registered Voters Exceed Population in 17 Illinois Counties
- Blunt Administration Lawyer Pleads Guilty In Utah