ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Was your Sunday brunch a little more expensive this weekend?
Food prices for popular breakfast items like bacon and coffee are through the roof.
Benton Park cafe serves thousands of people a week. They’re open for breakfast 24 hours a day on Friday and Saturday.
Manager Julie Hays says she’s seen pork, oranges and especially coffee prices rise dramatically over the past few weeks.
“For me, personally, coffee has definitely gone up,” she says.
But Kenrick’s Meats & Catering operations manager Michael Byassee says bacon and sausage are high, too.
“We’re looking at 10 to 15 percent increases in the past couple of weeks, I’d say,” he says.
He says prices will continue to rise though the summer.
But both Hayes and Byassee say they’re trying to make cuts elsewhere to keep the cost to customers down.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Police Warn Against iPhone ‘108’ Prank Spreading on Social Media
- MSD Project to Demolish 1,000 Buildings Gets Underway
- Blues’ Stastny Listed Week to Week With Lower-Body Injury
- Spring Training First-Timer Covers Cardinals Breaking News
- McCaskill Speaks With Border Patrol on Illegal Immigrants
- Larry Rice Speaks Out Against Prop 2