Razor Blades Found at Playground near Philly
BROOKHAVEN, Pa. (AP) - Police say razor blades were found duct-taped to playground equipment at a park near Philadelphia.
Brookhaven police in Delaware County said Tuesday that the blades affixed to equipment in Eaton Park could have injured children playing in the area.
They said other parks in the town had been checked and were clear, but they will be checked by both patrol and plainclothes officers on every shift.
On their Facebook page, police asked parents to check equipment before letting children play, and said older unescorted children should be warned as well.
Police credited maintenance personnel for discovering the vandalism. No injuries were reported.
A week ago, authorities in a western Illinois community found a dozen razor blades glued to playground equipment in an East Moline city park.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- 140 Frozen Turkeys Stolen from Illinois Market
- Trump: ‘They’re Going to Riot in Ferguson No Matter What’
- Safeguards in Place to Protect Identity of Jurors in Ferguson Case
- How Much Force Can Business Owners Use to Protect Their Business?
- Union Official: Charges Seem Unlikely for Darren Wilson
- Three St. Louis Men Sentenced to Life in Prison for Murder-for-Hire