Razor Blades Found at Playground near Philly
BROOKHAVEN, Pa. (AP) - Police say razor blades were found duct-taped to playground equipment at a park near Philadelphia.
Brookhaven police in Delaware County said Tuesday that the blades affixed to equipment in Eaton Park could have injured children playing in the area.
They said other parks in the town had been checked and were clear, but they will be checked by both patrol and plainclothes officers on every shift.
On their Facebook page, police asked parents to check equipment before letting children play, and said older unescorted children should be warned as well.
Police credited maintenance personnel for discovering the vandalism. No injuries were reported.
A week ago, authorities in a western Illinois community found a dozen razor blades glued to playground equipment in an East Moline city park.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Police Chase in Illinois Ends with Crash in St. Louis
- UPDATE: 16th Homicide of the New Year in St. Louis
- Missouri, Kansas Lawmakers Promote Gun Control Bills
- Police Impersonator Arrested
- Kentucky Men Arrested for Kidnapping Man Who Broke Free in St. Louis
- Man Accused of Throwing Brick at Police During Protest