CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) – A St. Louis man is facing charges for a shooting that killed one man and left another injured.
Authorities announced Friday that 21-year-old Derrick Collins is charged with one count of first-degree murder, two counts of first-degree assault and three counts of armed criminal action. The charges were filed Thursday.
The shooting happened Monday in Beverly Hills in north St. Louis County. One of the victims, 21-year-old Jarrick Boone, died Wednesday at a hospital. The other, a 23-year-old man, was treated for injuries and is expected to recover. A third victim was with the other two but was not struck.
Collins is jailed without bond.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- Man in Prison for Wife’s Killing Arraigned on Federal Charge
- Infant Fatally Shot in North St. Louis; Police Search for Gunman
- UPDATED: 2 Children – Blaze Crockett, Ryker Crockett, Found Safe
- California Woman Carjacked on Way to Airport
- Madison County Police Investigate Craigslist Car Jacking
- Police Ask For Smartphone Users’ Help Solving Crime