ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – All lanes of eastbound I-64 have been shut down at Highway “K”.
Crews will be removing a crane that broke free on the Missouri River that is currently resting on the eastbound truss of the Daniel Boone Bridge.
The entrance ramps from Route 94, Route K and Research Park to eastbound I-64 are also closed.
The bridge and the interstate will remain closed until that work has been finished and the bridge inspected for damage.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Reward Offered in Cahokia Murder Case
- Highway Patrol Issues 6,000 Tickets During 3-Month Pilot Project
- Armed Man Arrested After Stopping Amtrak Train
- STL Man Found Guilty In Death of SIUE Student Trying to Sell Car
- 4 Broadcasters With KMOX Ties Named Ford C. Frick Award Finalists
- Amazon Says It Received 238 Proposals for 2nd Headquarters