I-64 Closes Friday Night in Chesterfield
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Those who expect to be driving through the Chesterfield Valley this weekend may want to start researching alternate routes.
MoDOT crews will be shutting down Interstate 64 in two different places.
MoDOT Area Engineer Michelle Vogel says starting Friday at 8 p.m., I-64 will be shut down in two separate locations for the removal of bridges at Chesterfield Parkway West and Chesterfield Airport Road.
Vogel says the project is part-road improvement and part-economic development.
“Chesterfield Parkway West is part of an agreement with the Reinsurance Group of America, who will be relocated their headquarters to the intersection there,” Vogel says. “As well as creating 300 new jobs for the region.”
There are going to be detours set up but Vogel says drivers may want to consider finding alternative routes through the Chesterfield Valley this weekend.
Everything will be scheduled to be reopened by the Monday morning rush.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- SSM Parting Ways With Neurosurgeon Who Operated on Wrong Side of Woman’s Brain
- Fire Department Takes Closer Look at Food Trucks After Philly Explosion
- Suspect in String of Car Break-Ins Arrested
- UPDATE: Suspect Charged in Fatal North St. Louis Stabbing
- Dooley Campaign Tweets Accuse Stenger Of ‘Making Deals with Hobby Lobby’
- MoDOT: ‘In No Way Involved’ in Amendment Seven Campaigning