COLUMBIA, Mo. – University of Missouri Head Football Coach Gary Pinkel has indefinitely suspended wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham from the program for a violation of team policies.
The decision, made in consultation with Director of Athletics Mike Alden, is immediate, and includes practices and team activities. Access to the academic resource center will be permitted during the suspension.
“It’s unfortunate, but it’s the right thing to do for our football program, for the athletic department, and also for Dorial,” said Pinkel. “We have high standards related to the expectations that come along with being a Missouri Tiger, and Dorial has not met those recently. Representing Mizzou and our fans is a privilege, and we’ll work with him during this process. It’s been disappointing to have this, and other issues which have taken place lately. It’s frustrating, because we work very hard to instill responsibility and discipline in our young men so that our program represents Mizzou the right way. These actions aren’t representative of those expectations, and we are addressing these issues head on.”
- Cardinals Option Aledmys Diaz to AAA, Alex Mejia Called Up
- Blues Lose Berglund For First 2 Months Of Season
- Gary McCord On Quicken Loans National: ‘[TPC Potomac] Very Challenging’
- Jamie Rivers Worried the Blues Traded Away ‘The Sheriff of the NHL’
- Cardinals Sign Top Draft Pick Scott Hurst
- HIGHLIGHTS: Diamondbacks Rally For Walk-Off Win Over Cards