Alderman Calling for Ranger in O’Fallon Park
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – With warm weather coming and young people gathering in parks, a northside alderman is asking for a dedicated park ranger to keep one of the city’s largest parks safe.
Alderman Antonio French wants the police chief to assign a dedicated park ranger to O’Fallon Park, where the new recreation center is drawing big crowds that could lead to crime.
Police Chief Sam Dotson says he can’t afford a full time park ranger for O’Fallon Park, but hasn’t forgotten the park.
“It comes to resources,” he says. “And the way we’ve been policing, hot-spot policing, will extend to park rangers. We put them into the neighborhoods and the areas that are experiencing the problems.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- St. Louis Powerball Winner Introduced
- St. Louis County Officials Research Homeless Totals
- Saint Louis Zoo ‘Doing Well Financially’
- Virtual Medicine Is Here In St. Louis And In A Big Way.
- Boeing Delivers Electronic Attack Aircraft to Australian Air Force
- County Minimum Wage Increase Gets Overwhelming ‘No’