Alderman Calling for Ranger in O’Fallon Park
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - With warm weather coming and young people gathering in parks, a northside alderman is asking for a dedicated park ranger to keep one of the city’s largest parks safe.
Alderman Antonio French wants the police chief to assign a dedicated park ranger to O’Fallon Park, where the new recreation center is drawing big crowds that could lead to crime.
Police Chief Sam Dotson says he can’t afford a full time park ranger for O’Fallon Park, but hasn’t forgotten the park.
“It comes to resources,” he says. “And the way we’ve been policing, hot-spot policing, will extend to park rangers. We put them into the neighborhoods and the areas that are experiencing the problems.”
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Increase in Beef Cost Could Stick Around Until Fall 2016
- New Washington University Development Includes Grocery and Diner
- PHOTOS: Police Search for Suspects in Fatal Shooting of Grandmother Caught in Crossfire
- Troy Man Charged in Dispute Over Abused Cat
- Female Passenger Killed After Driver Suffered Medical Problem
- St. Charles Man Dies From Fireworks Injury