ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – St. Louis Police are releasing few details about a bust that netted several high-powered guns.
Police confiscated the guns in North St. Louis late last month.
“It’s always alarming to any chief when you see weapons like that on the street—50-round drum capacity magazine that fits into a pistol,” Police Chief Sam Dotson says.
Dotson did not get specific about where weapons like that are coming from. He would only say it was an ongoing investigation and police are still trying to find all the people involved.
He supports the Second Amendment, but adds guns like those are meant for only one thing—to hurt people.
Dotson says he has asked Congress to put controls on assault rifles and high capacity magazines so they don’t end up floating around on the streets.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE CRIME NEWS:
- St. Louis Police Release Surveillance Photo of Subway Robbery Suspect
- 2 Police Officers Injured After Suspect Flees
- Ferguson-Florissant Schools Superintendent Arrested
- Carjacking Suspect Charged
- Maria Chappelle-Nadal: ‘There’s No Way In Hell That I’m Resigning’
- How The Secret Service Investigates Social Media Threats On The President