ST. LOUIS (KMOX) – Approximately $20 million has been raised since voters in St. Louis City & County passed “Proposition P” one year ago, and it’s going to keep doing that for the next couple of decades.
Putting that money to work is the group known as Great Rivers Greenway, headed up by Susan Trautman.
Checking in with her at the 1-year mark, Trautman says that they’ve made a lot of progress on expanding and preserving the River Ring, a connected system of trails and greenways throughout the region.
She knows nearly a half billion dollars over 20 years is a lot to spend on green space, but says it will pay big dividends going forward.
“When you get that kind of connection, you really do create a more vibrant region, a lot more economic vitality and a place where people live,” she says. “So, it will attract and retain talent.”
Trautman says right now they’re working on the “Midtown Loop” connecting Forest Park, the Cortex, Grand Center and more, and will soon break ground on landscaping improvements at the Arch Grounds.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Body Found in Mississippi River Near East Carondelet
- Chris Hrabe’s High School Spotlight: Lou Fusz’s Expansion in Old Rams’ Facility
- VIDEO: Jimmy John’s Employee Completely Calm During Armed Robbery
- ‘The Voice’ Is Holding Auditions In St. Louis
- 6-Year-Old Girl Dead After Hit-and-Run; Reward Offered for Info
- Mo. Postal Worker Charged in Drug Scheme