STL Village to Unveil Senior Living Project
Get Breaking News First
ST. LOUIS (AP) - A group of older residents in St. Louis will unveil a new effort that encourages like-minded seniors to coalesce into a village where they can live, work and shop.
The STL Village is among more than 100 similar nonprofit communities across the country promoting “aging in place” for older adults.
The St. Louis village incorporates the city’s Central West End and other central corridor neighborhoods. Residents would pay annual dues of several hundred dollars.
A two-hour kickoff event is set for 10 a.m. Saturday at the Missouri History Museum in Forest Park.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Stolen Dump Truck, Boat, ATVs Recovered in Jefferson County
- St. Louis Composting Garden Hotline
- Glen Carbon Man Faces Kiddie Porn Charges
- Police Look for Suspects in Shooting Near Washington Avenue Club
- North St. Louis Shootings Leave Two People Dead
- Protestors Again Take to Streets Over Vonderrit Myers Jr. Shooting