STL Village to Unveil Senior Living Project
ST. LOUIS (AP) - A group of older residents in St. Louis will unveil a new effort that encourages like-minded seniors to coalesce into a village where they can live, work and shop.
The STL Village is among more than 100 similar nonprofit communities across the country promoting “aging in place” for older adults.
The St. Louis village incorporates the city’s Central West End and other central corridor neighborhoods. Residents would pay annual dues of several hundred dollars.
A two-hour kickoff event is set for 10 a.m. Saturday at the Missouri History Museum in Forest Park.
© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS:
- Pro-Police Rally Held In Clayton
- Scott AFB Plays Part in Ebola Fight
- Man Charged in Killing of Soldier From St. Louis
- NTSB says Pilot Reported Trouble Before Kentucky Plane Crash
- Suspects in Creve Coeur Movie Theater Killing Released
- Francis Howell School Board Cuts 80 Employees in Wake of Funding Shortage